These perfect poached eggs take almost no effort at all. You will need these silicone poaching cups but, otherwise, just a skillet with a lid is necessary.
I use the COZILIFE Silicone Egg Poaching Cups, but there are other popular poaching cups available that should work just as well.
In addition, the cup isn’t limited to poached eggs. According to Cozilife, “it can be used as cake, dessert, and jelly mold. It can also be used to melt chocolate, heat pasta [sauce], and steam vegetables.”
It's a Cinch Perfect Poached Eggs
- 2 eggs!
- Step 1 Fill a large skillet with about an 1 1/2 inches of water
- Step 2 While the water is boiling, spray cooking oil in each poaching cup (for good measure, you may want to use a brush to distribute the spray evenly
- Step 3 Crack one egg into each cup
- Step 4 Once the water reaches a rolling boil, carefully place the cups in the skillet
- Step 5 Cover the skillet tightly
- Step 6 Reduce the heat to medium or medium low.
- Step 7 This is where you will have to experiment to get the perfect eggs for YOU. But it only takes 4-7 minutes, depending on how much you want your yolks to set. Example: I turn the knob on my stove to six (6) and I set the timer to 6 minutes. Then I count out an 15 extra seconds. This is the perfect poached egg for me. I like my yolks really soft and just a little runny
- Step 8 Immediately remove the skillet lid and the poaching cups
- Step 9 Let sit for one minute (I set the wet cups on a potholder)
- Step 10 If you have a glass lid, you can see when the whites have set.
Just use the “easy-to-pick holes” to gently pry the egg from the cups and slide onto a plate. Tip the cups and pour out the water that has settled on the top.