I make my kale chips using a dehydrator. They are just as easy to make in an oven – and faster. I like to use curly kale.
Kale Chips with Nutritional Yeast
May 9, 2020
: Super Easy
- olive oil
- sea salt
- nutritional yeast
- Step 1 Rinse and dry kale (use a salad spinner, or wrap in a clean towel and pat dry)
- Step 2 Place kale in a bowl and drizzle olive oil and salt
- Step 3 Mix with hands to get the oil in all of the nooks and crannies
Spread the kale on a baking sheet on parchment paper
- Step 5 Sprinkle with nutritional yeast or any spices you choose
- Step 6 Bake on low heat (275° – 325°) from 20 to 40 minutes
- Step 7 Begin checking after 15 minutes. The chips should be crispy and crunchy and not limp. Tip: Keep a close eye on the kale, as it can burn quickly.
Cover the dehydrator racks with parchment paper
- Step 9 Lay out the racks, arrange the kale and sprinkle with nutritional yeast or any spices you choose
- Step 10 Continue the process with additional racks, then stack and cover
Place kale chips in a bowl and drizzle olive oil and salt.
Consult your dehydrator manual for suggested drying times. I usually set mine for 4-6 hours and I do not rotate the trays.