This easy keto shrimp scampi only takes a few minutes from start to finish. Even if you’re new to cooking, keto or otherwise, this is one gourmet meal you can master with ease!
Keto Shrimp Scampi
May 9, 2020
: 15 min
: 10 min
: 25 min
: Super Easy
This easy, delicious shrimp scampi is excellent served over cauliflower rice.
- 12 oz. shrimp (frozen, raw or cooked)
- 2-3 T. butter
- 2-3 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon white wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep (if using frozen shrimp):
Thaw shrimp under running water for approximately 15 minutes. Drain.
- Step 2 While shrimp is thawing, prepare cauliflower rice (is using) and mince garlic cloves
- Step 3 Melt butter in large skillet
- Step 4 Saute minced garlic in the butter for approximately 3 minutes over low to medium heat so that it doesn’t burn
- Step 5 Add shrimp to skillet
- Step 6 Quickly add white wine (optional), and lemon
- Step 7 Stir lightly and cook on low-medium until shrimp turns opaque (3-5 minutes) – do not overcook!
- Step 8 Salt & pepper to taste
- Step 9 Serve immediately over cauliflower rice.
- Directions for thawing shrimp should be on the bag. The easiest way I’ve found is to thaw in a large measuring cup with cold water running at about pencil thickness, with a strainer sitting on top, inside out. That way, no shrimp escapes down the drain! After thawing, pour the shrimp back through the strainer, then set the strainer in the measuring cup to drain.
- I recommend using the cheapest, screw-top white wine you can find! It’s not for drinking, just for cooking, and it will last forever in the fridge.
- Great on a bed of cauliflower rice. You can buy it frozen and simply heat in large skillet with a little oil! I like to season my riced cauliflower with salt and pepper after heating. See these directions if you want to rice your own fresh cauliflower. Note that this can be done ahead of time; otherwise, it will add to your prep time.
- Sauteed collared greens or kale are other great side options for keto shrimp scampi.
- Reminders: please, do not overcook. Shrimp will turn rubbery pretty fast. And on that note, you don’t want to have to reheat shrimp, so serve immediately.
First time making shrimp scampi? Let us know below how it turned out.